City of Memphis - Fleet Maintenance Building RE-BID
Prebid Date11/12/20 10:00am
Bid Date12/9/20 12:00pm
Company & Contacts
Lester Ferdinand (901) 261-1505
3720 Knight Arnold Road, Memphis, TN
BID DATE EXTENSION: The date for receipt for bids is hereby extended until 12:00 p.m. Wednesday, December 9, 2020.
Submit questions and request for clarifications to:
Self Tucker Architects
Attention: Lester Ferdinand
In addition to reviewing Bidding Documents at www.STAplanroom.com as stated in the Legal Notice; Bidders may obtain Bidding Documents as follows:
- a) Contractor Bidders: One (1) complete set of bidding documents, drawings, and specifications, may be obtained upon deposit of $386.00 (Three Hundred Eighty-Six Dollars) which amount is refundable to all Contractors submitting a bona fide bid upon return of all contract documents complete and in the order issued. However, deposits of successful bidders will not be returned.
Plans may be obtained at Memphis Reprographics, 6178 Macon Rd. Memphis, TN 38134. Make deposit checks payable to Memphis Reprographics.
- b) Subcontractors, material suppliers, and contractors desiring additional sets and all interested parties: Complete sets of bidding documents, drawings and specifications, may be obtained for $386.00 (Three Hundred Eighty-six Dollars) half of which is refundable upon return of such documents.
- c) Partial set will not be issued.
- d) An official list bidders of record will be maintained to ensure that all plan holders receive addenda.
- e) Bidding documents are also available to be shipped to any out-of-town bidder and interested
parties via appropriate carrier “collect” upon receipt of deposit, as applicable.
- f) To obtain refunds, documents must be returned within 10 days after bid opening and determined to be in acceptable condition by the Consultant for deposit to be refunded.
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103.
Sealed bids will be received at the Office of the City of Memphis Purchasing Agent, Room 354, City Hall, 125 N. Main, Memphis, TN 38103, until 12:00 p.m., Wednesday, December 9, 2020, for furnishing the City of Memphis with the following:
FOR THE DIVISION OF:
FOR THE CONSTRUCTION OF:
FLEET MAINTENANCE BUILDING
AT THE CITY OF MEMPHIS MUNICIPAL COMPLEX,
3720 KNIGHT ARNOLD ROAD, MEMPHIS, TN 38118
A Mandatory Pre-Bid Conference will be held at the Property Maintenance Building located at 3720 Knight Arnold Road, on Thursday , November 12, 2020 at 10:00 a.m.. All parties interested in bidding on this project are hereby invited and urged to attend this meeting. Failure to attend the pre-bid meeting will count against said “good faith effort” as required by the M/WBE program. Mask required.
THE CITY OF MEMPHIS ENCOURAGES THE PARTICIPATION OF SMALL AND MINORITY BUSINESS IN THE PURCHASING PROCESS.
PROJECT CONSISTS OF: General Construction, mechanical, electrical, plumbing, and site work required for construction of the Fleet Maintenance Building to be located at 3720 Knight Arnold Road, Memphis Tennessee 38118.
EXAMINATION OF SITE:
Before submitting a bid, the bidder shall personally visit the site of proposed work and arrive at a clear
understanding of the conditions under which the work is to be performed. No consideration will be
allowed subsequently by reason of error or oversight on the part of the bidder or on account of
interference by either the City or existing conditions. Neglecting any of the above requirements will not be acceptable as reason for delay in the work or for adjustments of the contract sum. Bidders must make an appointment with Elizabeth T. Bringle (Project Manager – City of Memphis at telephone # 901-636-6345 to visit the project site.